Ladies, are you feeling left out by the boys? Those days are over! Here are the top 7 best tactical pants for women. If they think we're just going to sit home, cook, do laundry and fold clothes, the guys have another thing coming. In fact, that stereotype perished a long time ago. Why should they get to do all the fun and exciting stuff!
The adrenaline runs through our veins just as much as the guys. You see us at the shooting range, camping, hiking, hunting, mountaineering, safaris and on tactical and undercover operations. Far too often we had to choose between fashionable and functional for an average pair of cargo pants. Not anymore!
We are just as hardcore as the boys and we can definitely rock a pair of comfortable, yet rugged pair of tactical pants. So ladies, if you are looking for a solid pair of tactical pants, we’ve got you covered even when your day throws something unexpected at you.
In this ProSurvivalStrategies.com Guide we will review:
- What are tactical pants?
- What makes pants tactical?
- And much more!
Take a look at our Top 7 Best Tactical Pants For Women in the quick comparison chart below.
5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants
|View on Amazon|
5.11 Taclite Pro Tactical Pants
|View on Amazon|
CQR Flex Stretch Tactical Pants
|View on Amazon|
LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants
|View on Amazon|
Propper Kinetic Tactical Pants
|View on Amazon|
Vertx Fusion LT Stretch Tactical Pants
|View on Amazon|
TRU-SPEC 24-7 Original Tactical Pants
|View on Amazon|
- 63% Polyester / 37% Cotton, 6.76 oz. two-way mechanical stretch Flex-Tac Ripstop Fabric with Teflon finish.
- Flex-Tac mechanical stretch provides lasting durability that moves with you.
- Teflon finish resists water, dirt and stains for longer wear.
- Gusseted construction for flexibility
- Articulated knees that are internal knee pad ready.
- 12 pockets sized for tactical use.
- Front pockets sized for EDC items.
- Fixed waistband.
- Bartacking at major seams and stress points.
- YKK zippers and Prym snaps.
The 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants will earn your undying devotion. We all know that the right mindset, training and gear is what separates those who are ready and those who are not. Ready to help those in need, ready to protect and serve and ready to crush goals, the 5.11 Tactical Stryke embodies the mindset of preparedness. These top-notch women’s tactical pants come from a manufacturer dedicated to creating purpose-driven gear, and the 5.11 Tactical Stryke is the benchmark for professionals and outdoor enthusiasts when they need to perform at their best in any situation.
The women’s 5.11 Tactical Stryke features all the same hardcore features as the men’s rugged design. These tactical pants are specifically designed to accompany you on the toughest jobs. You should never compromise on comfort and practical application. Level up your performance! These innovative tactical pants offer you the ultimate in functionality. Constructed from high-quality 63% polyester / 37% cotton and a two-way Flex-Tac mechanical stretch fabric, these pants are durable and extremely effective.
Flex-Tac is a revolutionary fabric utilizing proprietary fibers and developed exclusively for 5.11 Tactical. The 5.11 Stryke Pants features the lightweight poly/cotton ripstop incorporating mechanical stretch yarns meaning the stretch and recovery of the fabric is achieved without the use of spandex. As a result, the breathability, color retention and durability of the Flex-Tac is vastly superior to other cotton/spandex fabrics currently on the market.
Moreover, the 5.11 Tactical Stryke features a Teflon-treated coating that gives you maximum resistance from stains, moisture and soil. The coating ensures superior resistance to the elements without compromising breathability. It also makes cleaning effortless and comes out of the wash ready to wear.
To maximize overall durability, the 5.11 Tactical Stryke features a reinforced triple-stitching design at every point where they could conceivably tear, split or break. A reinforced gusseted crotch eliminates your worries about accidental rips and tears while increasing your agility. These pants are also equipped with bartacking at the essential seams and stress points for increased wear and tear resistance.
The knees are discretely reinforced with knee pad access. Quickly insert the 5.11 lightweight neoprene knee pads if you find yourself frequently kneeling or crawling. The 5.11 Tactical Stryke is well-equipped with high-quality and extra durable YKK zippers and Prym snaps. These two features further enhance the durability of these awesome tactical pants.
The 5.11 Tactical Stryke features 12 pockets that are strategically placed allowing you to always stay on top of the most demanding situation. You have 12 options to store away essentials, mission critical gear and other necessary tools. Speaking of gear and other essentials, the Stryke pant offers you two large side pockets that are secured with a velcro flap and feature a pair of internal pouches. Perfectly sized for M4 magazines or any other items you don’t want clanking around when you’re on the move.
The front pockets have a small flat contour at the button which is reinforced for any clipped accessory. Also located in the front are a pair of reinforced slit pockets that are perfect for a tactical folding knife, multi-tool or pens. Finally, a pair of velcro flapped back pockets round out the storage situation on the 5.11 Stryke pants providing you maximum storage capacity. Another nice feature are the two front belt loops that also double as a badge holder.
If you are concerned about the ease of use of the 5.11 Tactical Stryke pants, let’s put your mind at ease. As stated above, the pockets are strategically placed and allow effortless and fast access to your equipment. The durable Prym snaps and YKK zippers are easy to operate and increase the overall functionality of these pants.
The fabric is a durable stretch ripstop material that just works. As you bend, twist, run, crawl and jump, the fabric moves without constraint. The Stryke also comes with a fixed waistband providing all-day comfort.
We love variety! This great pair of tactical pants is offered in 8 different colors - Black, Khaki, Storm, Tundra (as featured above), Dark Navy, Burnt, TDU Green, and Coyote. Add a 5.11 tactical belt and you’re off to the range. A word to the wise, these run a little short in the leg and slim in the waist. Most ladies will need to size up from what they think they need to wear.
Whether you’re in the field, on duty or tackling an outdoor adventure, prepare for the toughest encounters by sporting a premium 5.11 Tactical Stryke pant.
Top 7 Best Tactical Pants For Women!
In a hurry? Take a quick look at our Top 7 Best Tactical Pants for Women. Keep reading to learn more about each one.
What Are Tactical Pants?
So what are tactical pants? One thing is certain, they are definitely not your average women’s cargo pants or comfy pajamas. When your profession or outdoor adventure is demanding, your pants must be more than average. It must be designed to protect you in harsh environments while you’re engaged in hard physical activities.
Tactical pants feature the following:
- Durable High-Grade Ripstop Fabrics - first-rate tactical pants are manufactured from a tough 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton Ripstop Fabric for ultimate wear and tear resistance.
- Water Repellent Treatment - cover the entire garment so liquid rolls right off.
- Stretch Elements in Critical Areas - in critical areas of the pants to improve comfort and movability, especially during dynamic movement in strenuous situations.
- Gusseted Crotch - an extra piece of fabric, usually triangular or rhomboid in shape and sewn into the crotch. This added fabric enhances durability, releases tension in other areas of the pants and allows for quick mobility.
- Reinforced Stitching - at the essential seams and stress points for increased wear and tear resistance.
- Articulated Knees - the shape is cut to accommodate the joint, eliminating unnecessary fabric for an ergonomic fit. This streamlined construction allows for a full range of movement. Modern tactical pants also make use of either Cordura or webbing to reinforce the knees and extend the pants’ lifespan.
- Knee Pad Pockets - a must-have for operators, these pockets allow for soft or hard knee-pad inserts to protect the wearer from blows to his or her joints when kneeling or falling down, but they also help prevent puncture injuries from sharp objects on the ground.
- Strategically-Placed Pockets - the standout feature on any pair of tactical pants are the strategically-placed pockets. Through years of innovation, pocket types and functionalities have multiplied.
- Hidden Pockets - many are hidden inside seams, behind other pockets and inside the waistband allowing you to store sensitive items secretly.
- Boot Hooks - prevent your pants from rising up your leg while bending or sitting.
- Engineered With A Focus On Mobility - expanding or elastic sliding waistband, which not only aids in ease of movement but also adds additional comfort when on the go.
- Anatomic Designs - assist you when maneuvering through thick brush or harsh terrain without getting hung up on branches, vines or other foliage.
With durable fabrics, speed-focused designs and strategically-placed storage options, tactical pants are specifically designed to keep you moving at a moment’s notice.
Now that you understand what tactical pants are, let’s help you understand what makes pants tactical.
What Makes Pants Tactical?
To help you understand what makes pants tactical, we have narrowed it down into three distinct elements: durability, practicality and versatility.
Durability is always a serious consideration for any apparel consumer, but it reaches another level of importance for tactical and outdoor consumers. The very concept of durability can never be stressed enough. Never settle for less.
Tactical pants are specifically designed to withstand excessive stresses beyond normal use, wear and tear in real world environments where they are continuously exposed to abrasion, chemicals, dirt, dust, mud, water and physical stresses. Since these pants are meant to be used outdoors, they can endure significant abuse.
Think about movement. Tactical situations are unquestionably dynamic ones, demanding quick anatomical movements and immediate position changes. This creates stress points in the crotch and knees that are usually the first to rip and tear. As a direct result, you definitely need reliable and durable materials such as fabrics utilizing Ripstop weaving and NyCo or PolyCo fabric blends. The more complex the pant design the greater the importance of durable seams and reinforced stitching.
To get the most out of your tactical pants, always consider these critical reinforcements:
Knees: Many tactical pants offer reinforced knees, or in addition to, knee-pad pockets. Crawl, crouch and kneel without the worry of wearing your pants out.
Seat: We can all agree that nothing ruins a day quite like ripping your pants in a discrete area not usually reserved for the public. Tactical pants manufacturers incorporate extra stitching and material into the seat and crotch area for increased reliability.
Belt loops: Handguns, holsters and duty belts are not lightweight, however, tactical pants are designed to handle your equipment. Specialized stitching and reinforced belt loops prevent them from ripping under the weight.
Tactical pants must be capable and suitable to be used effectively because in the end you want them to perform as intended. Their job is not only a means to an end to cover your body but to help you effectively perform your duties.
This ultimately means you are provided a certain degree of comfort, freedom of movement and a strategically, well-placed pocket layout to carry and quickly deploy tactical gear or tools. The overall design features must make sense rather than randomly-placed pockets hindering your ability to retrieve equipment at a moment’s notice. If you think about it, practicality definitely goes hand in hand with versatility.
Tactical pants are intentionally designed to cover a wide range of missions with options allowing you to distribute tactical or outdoor everyday carry gear. Basically you are not limited to a conventional cargo pocket design. Your gear can be distributed to the front, back and sides of your body as necessary. However, the carrying of your equipment is not the only important aspect here. Tactical pants are often coated with a Teflon repellent finish (essentially a durable water repellent) for added wind and moisture protection.
If you combine the three elements - durability, practicality and versatility - you immediately understand it takes a great deal to produce a pair of tactical pants that can survive demanding and harsh situations soldiers, police officers and outdoor thrill-seekers face.
What Are The Two Types Of Tactical Women's Pants?
Before purchasing a pair of tactical pants, it’s important to consider what type best suits your specific needs. Yes, you can still look stylish when choosing a pair of tactical pants for concealment and freedom of movement. Remember you have two options, covert and overt.
Covert - This style is designed for a more discreet appearance. They are made from the same great materials as overt pants, but with less obvious features such as inset / hidden pockets and a slimmer profile. This option is mainly preferred by law enforcement / covert operators, first responders and outdoor enthusiasts.
One example of such tactical pants are the 5.11 Tactical Stryke. These tactical pants take functionality to the extreme with strategically-placed pockets to hold your essential gear. An engineered dimensional fit gives these tactical pants a more casual covert appearance that can be worn on or off-duty.
Overt - These tactical pants take on a more distinct military appearance with combat features such as larger pockets for extensive storage and convenient carry. They are commonly seen as BDU pants, military pants, combat pants, etc. Overt tactical pants will also feature drawstring leg ties for boot blousing, external knee pad access, deep-set cargo pockets, an adjustable waistband, fused pocket flaps, and gusseted crotch for easy movement. If functionality is the priority, overt tactical pants are your speed. Extensive storage space and specialized pockets made this style ideal for combat situations, outdoor excursions and range days where performance is paramount.
What Should A Woman Look For When Purchasing Tactical Pants?
Everything a man does! Why should it be any different? Tactical apparel has to be as versatile as the woman who wears it, offering both comfort and durability with a functional design that accommodates the need of any mission or outdoor adventure. An ideal pair of tactical pants enables you to have a full range of motion to accommodate extreme physical tasks.
If you are a tactical operative or an outdoor enthusiast, you want the best bang for your hard-earned cash. After all, you’re not in the market to purchase a new pair of tactical pants every day. However, when the time comes, do you know what to look for?
When purchasing a pair of tactical pants, you must take into consideration durability, comfort, functionality, useful storage space and price.
Durability definitely tops the list because if the pants are not durable, they will not withstand the day-to-day wear and tear they are exposed to. Look for high-quality abrasion-resistant materials such as Condura and Ripstop fabric that can increase the overall longevity by preventing damage. Tough fabrics are not enough. The pants must be put together in a way that takes advantage of that durability. Seam construction is critical. So look for double-stitching, strengthened stress points and reinforced areas that are prone to wear and tear such as the seat and knees.
For example, the 5.11 Taclite Pro features triple-stitching and extensive bartacking at major seams and stress points for maximum toughness. A double thick seat and reinforced knee protection further enhances its resilience.
Most likely you will be wearing a duty or tactical belt, often carrying additional weight in gear. Handguns, holsters and duty belts are not light, but tactical pants are designed to withstand the weight. Specialized stitches and reinforced belt loops prevent snagging and ripping under the weight.
Now let’s take a look at comfort.
A good fit is a must for tactical clothing. Even if you have the most durable material it is useless if your comfort is compromised. Just think about your overall movement in any tactical situation (climbing, crawling, jumping, running, squatting, etc.). When you’re in action, the last thing you need are restrictive pants affecting your overall performance.
Tactical pants are manufactured with stretch fabrics. Recent technology allows stretch fabric to maintain its shape and integrity better than ever before. Fabrics with blends of spandex, elastane or neoprene allow you to get the most movement out of your tactical pants.
Let’s turn our focus on functionality.
Start by thinking about the usage to which you’ll most likely put your tactical pants through. The environment you operate in plays a significant role. For example, if you find yourself operating in hot, unforgiving terrain, consider a more lightweight, breathable and fast-drying fabric.
I’m sure you got the idea. Now let’s address useful storage.
The most absolute standout feature on any part of tactical pants are the strategically-placed pockets. Years of innovation and input from operatives in the field have assisted manufacturers in designing various pocket configurations. However, before you purchase a pair of tactical pants, ask yourself a simple, yet important question, “How much gear are you going to need to carry?” Will you need special pockets to carry a folding knife, a multi-tool, flashlight, magazines, or cell phone (just to name a few)?
Lets just take a look at the most popular pocket designs along with their typical use-case and associated benefits:
Knife Pockets - most high-end tactical pants feature a pocket specifically designed for a folding knife. These pockets have double-stitched reinforced openings to withstand the weight of folding knives with a built-in pocket clip.
Cargo Pockets - they are the absolute trademark of any tactical pants and are a must-have due to the incredible storage space they provide. Some manufacturers provide additional storage pockets within the cargo pockets for magazines and smaller tactical equipment.
Symmetrical Pockets - this design features identical and strategic pocket configurations placed on both right and left sides. This makes tactical pants fully ambidextrous.
Magazine Pockets - from tactical operatives to competitive shooters, this feature is a must. Why? Because you never run out of ammo when your magazines are securely stored on your person in strategically-placed pockets.
Handcuff Key Pockets - a great advantage for law enforcement professionals. These pockets are usually located either inside the cuff of a pant leg or waistband.
Cell Phone Pockets - after all, who can’t live without a cell phone. As technology advances, so do tactical pants. Most of the styles listed below have a designated cell phone pocket designed to fit modern cell phones and media devices.
Hidden Pockets - as more stealthy tactical pants gain popularity, so did the preference of less noticeable pockets. These compartments are usually hidden inside seams or inside the waistband allowing more sensitive items to be secretly stored away.
Knee Pad Pockets - if you value your knees, this is a must for any operator or outdoor adventurer. These intelligently-designed pockets allow for soft or hard knee-pad inserts.
Slash Pockets - are immediately recognizable by the slanted top. This feature eliminates extra fabric allowing you to effectively, efficiently and quickly retrieve tactical gear.
And finally, it’s all about price.
Of course, at the end of the day, it boils down to cost. Many of the tactical pants featured below have meticulous craftsmanship and top-notch materials. However, they do vary in price.
For example, the high-end 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants will set you back approximately $80.00. However, the overall quality, comfort and fit is unsurpassed. You definitely get what you pay for.
On the other hand, you have affordable options such as the Vertx Women's Fusion Light Stretch Tactical Pants, TRU-SPEC Women’s 24-7 Original and LA Police Gear Women’s Operator Tactical (just to name a few). These are perfect options to keep more of your hard-earned cash in your pocket. Keep in mind, affordable doesn’t mean cheap. These tactical pants have earned their right to be listed below. In fact, they are durable, functional and extremely versatile.
You are in the best position to determine which tactical pants listed below fits your budget. No matter your choice, make sure it lives up to your expectations.
Just remember, there is a great pair of women’s tactical pants fit for any budget.
In-Depth Reviews Of Our Top 7 Best Tactical Pants For Women.
The 5.11 Women’s Stryke Pants is the epitome of a tactical design based on the input gathered from experienced female operators. It features all the same hardcore tactical features as the men’s Stryke. You don’t have to settle for men’s tactical pants anymore!
So what are the hardcore tactical features on the Stryke. First of all, you get an extremely durable 63% polyester / 37% cotton ripstop fabric. When it comes to tactical pants, this fabric immediately rises to the top, because it is resistant to tears, rips and other damage. Fabric is not enough! The Stryke also features triple-stitching and extensive bartacking at major seams and stress points maximizing toughness. A double thick seat and reinforced knee protection eliminates your worries about accidental rips and tears while increasing your agility. The Teflon finish protects your investment from chemicals, dirt, dust, mud, water and physical stresses. The durable Prym snaps and YKK zippers are easy to operate and increase the overall functionality of these pants.
Aside from its durability, the Stryke maximizes your comfort. The Flex-Tac mechanical stretch is a revolutionary fabric utilizing proprietary fibers and developed exclusively for 5.11 Tactical. The 5.11 Stryke Pants features the lightweight poly/cotton ripstop incorporating mechanical stretch yarns meaning the stretch and recovery of the fabric is achieved without the use of spandex. As a result, the breathability, color retention and durability of the Flex-Tac is vastly superior to other cotton/spandex fabrics currently on the market. Whether you crawl, crouch, curl, dodge, hurdle, jump, kneel, lay, march, sit, stand or jump, the Flex-Tac fabric is designed to maximize your every move.
With 12 strategically-placed pockets, including double-deep reinforced cargo pockets and front pockets, you’ll have all the tactical storage you need in a flattering, yet rugged pair of tactical pants.
The days of owning a pair of tactical pants with knee pads that rub your skin raw or otherwise cause significant discomfort are over. The knees are discretely reinforced with knee pad access. Quickly insert the 5.11 lightweight neoprene knees pads if you find yourself frequently kneeling or crawling.
The Women’s 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants is professionally designed for the woman on the go. Resilient, versatile and practical, these pants are a great choice for the range or your next high adrenaline outdoor adventure.
- Constructed from high-quality ripstop fabric, durable YKK zippers and Prym snaps.
- Revolutionary two-way Flex-Tac mechanical stretch fabric maximizes your every move.
- Teflon coating for superior resistance to stains, water, and dirt.
- Reinforced triple-stitching design at every point where they could conceivably tear, split or break.
- 12 strategically-placed pockets.
- Available in 8 different colors and waist sizes at an affordable price.
- Color may fade after a prolonged period of time.
- A word to the wise, these run a little short in the leg and slim in the waist. Most ladies will need to size up from what they think they need to wear.
- 65% Polyester / 35% Cotton Taclite
Ripstop, 6.2 oz., Teflon finish.
- Lightweight, durable Taclite fabric.
- Gusseted construction for flexibility
- Extra pockets sized for tactical use.
- 7 pockets, including strap-and-slash
- Double-reinforced seat & knees
(knee pad ready).
- Bartacking at major seams & stress
- Hip-mounted D-ring.
- YKK zippers and Prym snaps.
When you find yourself operating in hot or humid climates we can all agree that it’s downright tasking and extremely uncomfortable. Wearing the right apparel helps you stay comfortable, focused and effective. Let’s face it, when your body overheats, you lose concentration which in turn affects your performance level. The 5.11 Taclite Pro women’s tactical pants is specifically designed to give you the utmost comfort and durability when operating in hot and humid environments for long durations.
These high-grade, lightweight tactical pants are crafted from authentic Taclite polyester (65%) / cotton (35%) fabric for maximized comfort and performance. At a mere 6.14 ounces, this lightweight tactical design doesn’t compromise durability. Aside from the ripstop fabric, the 5.11 Taclite Pro also features triple-stitching and extensive bartacking at major seams and stress points for maximum toughness. A double thick seat and reinforced knee protection further enhances resilience. The knees have an internal inward facing pocket allowing you to add knee pads. Finally, these tactical pants are equipped with premium YKK zippers and Prym snaps giving you a great pair of tough and rugged tactical pants that withstands real world abuse.
The fabric is coated with a premium Teflon. This protective finish resists stains, soil and moisture without compromising breathability. This coating also makes it easier to clean your pants. If you even get caught in the rain, this is a feature you will definitely appreciate.
The women’s 5.11 Taclite Pro is designed with comfort in mind. An action waistband and fully gusseted crotch gives you a complete full range of movement. Behind the beltline are built-in elastic patches on the waist which gives the pants a stretch point when bending, crawling, jumping, running and squatting. Overall, these tactical pants keep you moving enhancing your performance.
Strategically designed for operational or recreational use, these pants feature 7 pockets for quick and easy access to all your mission-critical gear. Taking a quick look at the two side pockets you’ll find they are nice and deep with reinforced seams. An external pocket on the right side gives you immediate access to a tactical folding knife or multi-tool. In the front left thigh, there is an additional pocket where you can store a cell phone or other equipment for quick access. Two cargo pockets with hook and loop closures located on both thighs keep your gear securely stowed away. A magazine / cell phone pocket located over the left cargo pocket provides quick access with your off-hand. The magazine and knife pockets are reinforced with 100% Cordura nylon. Two strap-and-slash rear pockets further give you ample storage space.
An integrated brass D-ring at the hip further gives you the option to clip on keys, tactical gloves or your ID.
The reinforced belt loops on these pants are made to last. They can easily accommodate a duty or tactical belt that is 1.75 inches wide.
Best yet, you get to choose the color that fits your profession or outdoor adventure best. The Women’s 5.11 Taclite Pro comes in Dark Navy, Tundra, TDU Khaki, Black, Charcoal and TDU Green. Be mindful that 5.11 tactical belts are sold separately.
The 5.11 Taclite Pro pants are a balance of comfort, durability, maneuverability and utility at a great price. They will accomplish the mission you need them to.
- Specifically designed to give you the utmost comfort and durability when operating in hot and humid environments.
- Constructed from high-quality ripstop fabric, durable YKK zippers and Prym snaps.
- Triple-stitching and extensive bartacking at major seams and stress points for maximum toughness.
- Teflon protective finish resists stains, soil and moisture without compromising breathability.
- 7 strategically-placed and fully operational pockets, including strap-and-slash rear pockets for ample storage.
- A superb balance of comfort, durability, maneuverability and utility at a great price.
- Legs are cut a little short for women of average height. (If you’re a shorty, you’ll be fine.)
- Color may fade after a prolonged period of time.
- Designed for law enforcement, military and outdoor activities.
- Body geometry fit design.
- Heavy-duty 63% Polyester / 34% Cotton / 3% Elastane Duratex Ripstop Fabric.
- Duratex Fabric repels liquids, dirt and other contaminants.
- Strategically-placed 8 pocket layout for tactical gear or outdoor equipment.
- Secure velcro flapped out pockets for safe storage of EDC items.
- Articulated reinforced knees and gusseted construction.
- Elastic waistband provides a secure fit and supports your every move.
- 2 D-rings for tactical attachments.
- Metal alloy button and semi auto lock zipper.
In the emergency service, law enforcement, military and outdoor industry there is a high demand for gear that’s specifically formulated for all events and scenarios. Now, it’s safe to say that there are a few companies noted for their craftsmanship, professionalism and quality products. The Women’s CQR Flex Stretch Tactical Pants are known as one of the best affordable tactical pants on the market today.
As far as tactical pants go, the CQR tactical pants are crafted from a Duratex fabric that repels dirt, liquids and various contaminants. You end up with a pair of pants that are easy to clean and will last no matter what you put them through. These pants are also reliable in humid and wet environments. They’re made with a high-quality mixture of 63% polyester / 34% cotton / 3% elastane ripstop fabric making it durable and lightweight at the same time. It's not only the fabric that makes these pants resilient to outdoor exposure. Reinforced double-stitching throughout the pants, a dual layered seat pattern and reinforced knees further protect you when sitting, trekking and maneuvering through rough terrain.
Save your knees! It shouldn’t surprise you that the CQR Tactical Pants also come with pockets for knee pads. You will be able to quickly insert knee pads so that falling or crawling on your knees will be less uncomfortable.
Finally, a high-density metal alloy button and semi auto lock zipper top it off. For the price you will be purchasing an extremely durable pair of tactical pants.
The pockets of these tactical pants are intelligently incorporated into the overall design. Their placement and ease of use further enhance the tactical mindset of these pants. You have 8 multi-purpose pockets at your immediate disposal.
The overall pocket design gives you straightforward and comfortable access even when you are wearing gloves. The pockets ensure deep and secure storage for all your equipment.
2 nickel-plated D-rings allow you to attach more of your tactical necessities such as keys, tactical gloves or your ID.
Due to the fabric, these pants may feel stiff at times. However, the design and build still allows you a wide range of movement. Moreover, they will maintain their shape for a long time. The pants are also equipped with an elastic waistband giving you a secure fit.
The durable reinforced belt loops are 1.5 inches wide, so be vigilant and aware of the width of your duty belt.
These extremely comfortable and durable tactical pants are available in Cargo Black, Cargo Navy (as featured above), Cargo Dark Brown, Cargo Olive Green, Cargo Khaki, Cargo Charcoal, Cargo Coyote, Straight Navy, Straight Black, Straight Stone and Straight Khaki. CQR Tactical belts are sold separately.
With an overall rugged design, straightforward and easily accessible pocket configuration and comfort, the women’s CQR Stretch Flex Tactical Pants are hard to beat for the price.
- Heavy duty 63% Polyester / 34% Cotton / 3% Elastane Duratex Ripstop fabric.
- Duratex Fabric repels liquids, dirt and other contaminants.
- Reinforced double-stitching throughout the pants, a dual layered seat pattern and reinforced knees.
- Pockets are intelligently incorporated into the overall design.
- Elastic waistband gives you a secure fit.
- Value is incredible for the price.
- They do not have as much room in the butt as most pants, so ladies with shapely behinds — beware.
- If you are a shorty - these pants may have to be hemmed.
- 65% Polyester / 35% Cotton Ripstop Fabric.
- Fabric Weight 7.5 oz.
- 8 strategically-placed pockets.
- These stretch band pants can accommodate typically 1.5” and 1.75” belts.
- Fade-resistant fabric.
- Gusseted crotch.
- Elastic waistband.
- Durable knee fabric.
- Airport-friendly, heavy-duty hardware.
- Double seat.
- Dual front D Rings.
- Built-in blousing strings.
- Slanted cargo pockets for seated access.
- Teflon treatment - water and stain resistance.
- YKK Zipper fly.
- Brass Tac-Stud closure extremely reliable and tough.
- Cargo pocket big enough to fit an iPad Mini.
Finding the right tactical pants for your day-to-day operations shouldn't be an impossible task. With over 2 decades of experience in law enforcement and the military, LA Police Gear definitely has your back. The LA Police Gear Operator Tactical is a solid design that offers you excellent comfort, maneuverability and more bang for your buck. These high-quality tactical pants are tough as nails and loaded with exceptional features.
So let’s get into the features of these extremely iconic tactical pants. The
LA Police Gear Operator Tactical are made with exceptional 65% polyester and 35% cotton ripstop fabric, making the pants rugged, yet lightweight and comfortable. Polyester is, “resistant to most chemicals, stretching and shrinking, wrinkle-, mildew- and abrasion-resistant. It is also hydrophobic in nature and quick drying. It can be used for insulation because of the manufactured hollow fibers.” An excellent choice of material for these pants. The cotton ripstop fabric counters the polyester fabric giving these tactical pants a semi-softness. Not only are these pants tough as old boots, they will always feel comfortable and easy to wear.
Can it get any better? Absolutely! The fabric is also resistant to fading, it won’t wrinkle and keeps its shape for a long time. These tactical pants will last you for many high-adrenaline adventures to come.
These tactical pants are coated with a premium Teflon. This protective finish resists stains, soil and moisture without compromising breathability. The coating also makes it easier to clean your pants.
You don’t have to be a law enforcement or military professional to buy yourself an exceptional pair of tactical pants. Outdoor enthusiasts and anyone engaged in challenging activities wear tactical pants because they are tough, reliable and extremely functional.
Aside from the durable fabric, these tactical pants have reinforced fabric in all the right areas. The seat is reinforced and significantly reduces the risk of wear and tear in high-wear areas. Also, it gives you a bit of cushion making them comfortable. You also have a gusseted crotch, so you will be able to move freely without worrying about tears. The knees are reinforced with a double fabric allowing you to crouch or crawl without worrying about tears.
A durable and high-quality metallic YKK zipper (the world leader in the production of accessories) and brass-stud closure further makes this tactical gem ideal for the most difficult heart-pounding outdoor adventures.
Comfort is key! These tactical pants are lightweight and comfortable to wear. It features an elastic waistband that allows the best fit. The gusseted crotch further provides you with a wide range of motion.
Of course no pants will function for tactical purposes if it doesn’t have the right number of strategically-placed pockets. They must be large enough to store your essential gear, yet maintain a subtle design. Most importantly, you must be able to quickly and effortlessly have access to your equipment. The LA Police Gear Operator Tactical features 8 strategically-placed and fully functional pockets. They are as follows:
- (2) Front Pockets - with added reinforcement for your knife, rescue multi-tool or light.
- (2) Front Slip Pockets - a great option for phones, mags, EBC items, etc.
- (2) Hook & Loop Large Cargo Pockets - Top flap pass through for immediate access.
- (2) Rear Pockets - with a traditional flap design with (2) button closures for added security.
- (2) Dual Front D-rings - that are carabiner compatible allowing you to attach keys or heavy-duty tactical gloves.
To maximize your security, these tactical pants come with pockets for adding knee pads. So if you find yourself crouching, crawling or suddenly falling to your knees, you will be more comfortable. Keep in mind the knee pads are sold separately, but you have the option of purchasing neoprene tactical inserts. The pants are mindfully equipped with built-in blousing strings, which helps you securely wear the pants for a prolonged period of time. You don’t have to look for solutions to wear your pants in your boots without them getting out of your boots. These pants can accommodate typical 1.5” and 1.75” duty and tactical belts.
Choose the color that suits your profession best. These rugged tactical pants are available in Charcoal, OD Green (as featured above), Coyote, Khaki, Navy and Black. LA Police Gear Duty and Tactical belts are sold separately.
These tactical pants are the jack of all trades and you are definitely getting the best bang for your buck. Comfortable, dependable, durable and highly-functional. Don’t overlook them if you ever need a great pair of tactical pants.
- A solid design that offers you excellent comfort, durability, maneuverability and more bang for your buck.
- 65% polyester and 35% cotton ripstop fabric that’s tough, lightweight and Teflon-treated maximizing dirt and water resistance.
- Reinforced in the seat and knee.
- 8 strategically-placed pockets to store your tactical or everyday carry gear.
- Durable YKK Zipper and Brass Tac-Stud closure.
- Built-in blousing strings, which helps you securely wear the pants.
- Some tactical operators or outdoor enthusiasts may want more pockets. (It’s a matter of preference).
- These pants are not as quiet as cotton jeans.
- 6.5 oz. 65% Polyester / 32% Cotton / 3% Spandex Ripstop NEXStretch fabric.
- Teflon fabric repels stains and liquids.
- Gusseted crotch.
- Notched hand pockets with knife reinforcement.
- Ambidextrous magazine / cell pockets.
- Strategically-placed pockets, including side cargo pockets with interior dividers.
- Reinforced knees with internal openings for knee pads.
- Modern fit with a curved waistband that sits below the waist comfortably through hip and thigh with a straight leg.
The next generation of tactical pants is here. Built and designed with revolutionary NEXStretch fabric, the Women’s Propper Kinetic Tactical Pant is designed to keep you moving forward and ahead in the most challenging conditions.
The Propper Kinetic Women's Pant is intuitively designed and favored over industry-leading competition for its premium fabric and features. Crafted with a blend of 65% polyester, 32% cotton, and 3% spandex, this ripstop fabric is durable and able to withstand significant abuse outdoors.
Polyester is, “resistant to most chemicals, stretching and shrinking, wrinkle-, mildew- and abrasion-resistant. It is also hydrophobic in nature and quick drying. It can be used for insulation because of the manufactured hollow fibers.” An excellent choice of material for these pants. The cotton ripstop fabric counters the polyester fabric giving these tactical pants a semi-softness. However, ripstop is a great utility fabric and is commonly used in products requiring a strong, lightweight ripstop fabric such as those used in outdoor clothing, backpacks, flags, protective clothing for firefighters and other workwear.
Ripstop is largely tear- and abrasion-resistant. It’s excellent for backpacks, camping gear, tents and military uniforms. Keep in mind that this material is not as soft as 100% cotton. Ripstop pants are semi-coarse but incredibly strong.
The ripstop fabric is also Teflon-coated, increasing its resistance to mud and water impregnation. These pants are great for the range or out in the field.
Aside from the durable Teflon-coated ripstop fabric, these tactical pants are also designed with revolutionary NEXStretch fabric. This two-way mechanical stretch fabric makes the pants comfortable and designed to accommodate your movement in any direction. These pants have a modern fit with a curved waistband that sits below the waist comfortably through hip and thigh.
Extra-wide belt loops are strategically placed around the waist that include sunglasses or badge holder. The belt loops will comfortably hold a two inch tactical or duty belt. You have a rubber gripper waistband that grips and firmly secures your shirt while you are on the move.
These tactical pants have excellent storage options. Propper has really put some thought into the overall design of the ambidextrous symmetrical pocket configuration. The Kinetic Pants is fully equipped with the following pocket configuration:
- (2) Front Thigh Pockets that will fit virtually any mobile device.
- (2) Cargo Pockets with interior dividers to keep your gear organized and easily accessible.
- (2) Hand Pockets with knife reinforcement.
- (2) Back Welt Pockets with flaps.
The reinforced knees are constructed with internal knee pad openings for superior protection should you ever need to insert knee pads.
These tactical pants are available in Black (as featured above), Charcoal, Coyote, Khaki, LAPD Navy and Olive Green. Propper Women’s Tactical Belts are sold separately.
The next generation of tactical pants is here. Built with revolutionary NEXStretch fabric, the Women’'s Kinetic Pant is designed to keep you moving forward, ahead, in pursuit of your goals.
- Polyester 65% polyester, 32% cotton and 3% spandex ripstop fabric.
- Revolutionary two-way mechanical NEXStretch fabric.
- Teflon coating increases resistance to mud and water impregnation.
- Gusseted crotch and reinforced knees with internal knee pad openings for added durability and superior protection.
- Ambidextrous symmetrical pocket configuration.
- N.T.O.A. member-tested and recommended.
- Fit may be a little baggy for some users. (It’s a matter of preference).
- 3 season pants (may be a little hot for the summer).
- 64% Polyester / 36% Cotton Ripstop Fabric.
- Fully gusseted crotch increases mobility and prevents tears or rips.
- 37.5 technology cools your body more efficiently and traps odor molecules.
- Articulated knees enable dynamic mobility and prevent cuff creep when sitting.
- All heavy-wear seams are double-stitched.
- Bar tacks or YKK rivets at critical stress points.
- 12 pockets keep essential items handy and organized.
- Mesh-lined pockets for breathability and prevents heat spots.
When it comes to quality clothing and gear that enables the pros to do what they do in the field, it’s hard to argue with Vertx. The Vertx Women's Fusion Light Stretch Tactical Pants is the ultimate fusion between comfort, durability and tactical application.
This tactical pant is brilliantly designed and crafted with a blend of 64% polyester and 36% cotton ripstop fabric designed for real world abuse. Aside from the durable fabric, all heavy-wear seams are double-stitched enhancing the toughness of these tactical pants.
However, what really stands out is the hi-tech 37.5 VaporCore Technology. Check out this video for more info on this impressive technology.
You will appreciate the VaporCore Technology. It’s specifically designed to regulate body temperature whether you’re at the range in Arizona or hiking in Montana. It dries super fast and traps odor molecules so your friends won’t notice if you forgot to shower.
Aside from the ever-so-impressive 37.5 VaporCore technology, Vertx did an awesome job in finding an almost perfect balance between comfort and function. Featuring a gusseted crotch and a fitted appearance, these tactical pants offer premium flexibility and a comfortable fit eliminating your worries about rips and tears. This awesome feature gives you the extra freedom of movement and allows the fabric to move with you.
Aside from the gusseted crotch, the other easy moving design are the articulated knees. Let’s face it, when you are performing at your best, the last thing you need are tactical pants restricting your movement. Articulated knees not only enhance comfort, they allow you to bend, crouch, crawl, and move much easier than your skinny jeans. The Fusion Light Stretch Tactical Pants also features a side stretch waistband and higher rise in the back giving you a proper relaxed fit.
Let’s face it, when seconds count, you need to get to your gear efficiently and quickly. The 12 strategically-placed pockets on these tactical pants deserve a trophy. These pants feature the following:
- Articulated back yoke pockets with two utility pockets.
- Lowered front hand pockets for easy access with or without a holster.
- Vertical zippered pockets behind the insert cargo pockets for added storage and ease of access when sitting.
- Two utility pockets above the cargo pockets.
- Angled back pockets with credential flaps for ease of access and securing valuables.
- Mech-lined pockets for breathability that prevents heat spots.
- Front hand pockets, utility pockets and zippered pocket behind cargo pocket mesh - lined pockets for breathability that further prevents hot spots.
If you are concerned about the belt loops, the Fusion Light Stretch has you covered. Belt loops are 0.875 inches wide and will easily accommodate a 1.75 inch belt.
Expertly designed, the Vertx Women’s Fusion Light Stretch Tactical Pants gives you unsurpassed durability, high-tech fabric, and a professional yet casual appearance to set you apart from the crowd. Extremely affordable, so don’t pass these up.
- Durable and rugged ripstop fabric.
- Fully gusseted crotch and reinforced articulated knees increase mobility and prevent rips and tears.
- Heavy-wear seams are reinforced with double stitching.
- Bar tacks and YKK rivets at critical stress points.
- Low profile appearance with 12 strategically-placed pockets to keep tactical or outdoor gear handy and organized.
- VaporCore line, powered by 37.5 Technology, keeps you dry and comfortable no matter the weather.
- Depending on your preference, these tactical pants are low-rise and sit almost on the hips.
- These pants also run a little small, so keep that in mind when you purchase them.
- TRU-SPEC original Prym snap with a brass YKK zipper.
- Comfort fit slider waistband.
- 2” wide belt loops.
- Extra deep front pockets.
- (2) knife / accessory pockets.
- (2) Expandable back pockets with hook and loop closure.
- (2) cargo pockets with hook and loop closure and bellowed side gussets that contain 2-internal magazine compartments.
- Utility pocket on the outside of cargo pockets.
- Double-reinforced knee with built-in knee pad pockets.
The TRU-SPEC'S Women’s 24-7 are ready when you are. Although at a quick glance these tactical pants may remind you of traditional military garb, they are definitely more advanced in so many ways. Engineered from high-quality fabrics, they are durable, versatile and offer you a terrific fit.
These first-rate tactical pants are manufactured from a tough 65% polyester and 35% cotton ripstop fabric for ultimate wear and tear resistance. If you immediately assume that this tough weave has something to do with “completely stopping rips” it doesn’t.
In fact, the purpose of ripstop textiles is to stop rips from spreading once they begin. In technical terms, ripstop prevents a tear from fully breaking the structure of the fabric. A tear might get started, but it will extend no further than the weave’s thick reinforcement yarns located a few millimeters away. This unique textile is ideal for tactical use - especially in scenarios where a tear develops and you are in the middle of an operation or hike and have no way to change your clothes. Just think of the alternative!
For added durability, the knees are impressively reinforced allowing you to kneel on dirt, gravel and even asphalt without knee pads. However, should you ever need to reinforce your knees, the TRU-SPEC 24-7 also gives you the option to insert neoprene pads.
The fabric is coated with premium Teflon giving you a protective finish that resists stains, soil, and moisture without compromising breathability. This also allows the pants to remain soft and not stiffen up because it does not form a hard glue-like surface. Just think of some of the harsh environments you will wear these pants in - at a range, during a takedown, or any high-adrenaline adventure, your average off-the-shelf khakis would never survive.
These tactical pants are definitely packed with features. The pockets are intelligently designed and strategically placed giving you immediate access to your gear. The front pockets are deep and slashed so you can immediately access them. Within the same proximity is a small utility pocket just behind the front pockets. This gives you the ability to place a folding knife, a multi-tool or a small flashlight there without clipping it to your front pocket. The rear pockets are flapped and gusseted giving you plenty of storage. They are located nice and high so that you are not sitting on your wallet or other equipment.
The cargo pockets positioned on the thigh have a considerable amount of thought put into them. Aside from their deep storage capacity, there are three areas of storage inside. This two-column style pockets with a divider between is capable of storing two 30 round magazines securely in place without them bouncing around. Even the flaps that cover the pockets are strategically planned. Cut at an angle, they are longer toward the rear and taper toward the front of the leg. Keep in mind they are hook and loop attachments. This simply means you simply have to pull the rear up to open the entire pocket. There is also another external pocket and flap on the outside of the main pouch though it is small in nature.
All-day comfort comes from a friendly slider waistband. So you don’t have to worry about uncomfortable elastic waistbands or slider tabs. On top of that, the waistband has the stretching front panel which comes in handy for those whose beltline may have expanded. The belt loops are durable and measure 1.5 inches to accommodate a good hook and loop to duty belts.
Finally, you have the option of choosing the color best fit for your profession or outdoor need. The TRU-SPEC Women’s 24-7 are available in Olive Drab, Khaki (as featured above), and Navy. TRU-SPEC 24-7 Tactical Belts are sold separately.
The TRU-SPEC Women’s 24-7 are a favorite of everyone, from professional law enforcement to civilians who need the best comfort and performance when they venture into the field.
- 65% polyester and 35% cotton ripstop fabric for wear and tear resistance.
- Premium Teflon gives you a protective finish that resists stains, soil, and moisture without compromising breathability.
- (2) cargo pockets, (2) expandable back pockets with hook and loop closures, and additional hidden pockets for essentials.
- Adjustable slider waistband eliminates the need for gathered elastic or side tabs.
- N.T.O.A. member-tested and recommended.
- High-quality at an affordable price.
- Straight leg fit - may not be suitable for everyone.
- Some users may prefer more pockets and D-loop rings for tactical operations.
So what are the Top 7 Best Tactical Pants For Women? One thing is certain, they are not your average everyday wear around the house or our most beloved skinny jeans. Oh yeah, the modern woman has definitely broken all boundaries that were once the realm of men.
Our inner souls are hard to the bone, so why should our tactical pants be any different. The 7 best listed above are durable, versatile and functional. To all my high-adrenaline thrill-seekers, pick up a pair and enjoy them to the max.
As a quick reminder, if you are looking for a top-notch base layer, check out our article on the Best Base Layers for Women. These gems will keep you dry, warm and comfortable.
No matter where your adventures take you, stay vigilant, be prepared and stay safe. As always, we wish all of you nothing but the best.